Cable Sleeved Cardi - Downloadable Chunky Knitting Pattern
The KNIT SAFARI Cable Sleeved Cardi is a slimmer fitting chunky bomber, designed to minimise as much bulk as possible. Throw this oversized handknit on with jeans or a midi dress to stay warm and trendy, while the sleeves are slim enough to fit under a big coat. And the bonus? It now includes the Youth and Baby knitting pattern, so the whole family can have matching DIY knitted cardis!
The Cable Sleeved Cardi is constructed seamlessly bottom-up from the hem to the underarms, and then the sleeves are knitted in the round with pretty cables worked from cuff to shoulder (and can be done two-at-a-time if you’re feeling adventurous!) Next, the body and arms are joined together to start the raglan shaping, and then the neck trim is picked up and knitted around the neckline. Once you’ve grafted your underarms stitches together, your cable knit cardigan is ready to wear!
The Cable Sleeved Cardi is a normal fit. You may wish to knit a larger size for an oversized fit.
The adult model is a UK size 10-12 and is wearing the Cable Sleeved Cardi in size medium.
- Baby from 3M, 6M, 12M, 8M, 24M (16-20” Chest)
- Youth from 4YR, 6YR, 8YR, 10YR (23-28” Chest)
- Adults from XS, S, M, L, XL, 2XL, 3XL, 4XL, 5XL (30-60” Bust)
Knitted in Cygnet Yarns Seriously Chunky yarn (100g; 48m (52 yds), or an equivalent Super Bulky yarn with 5-6 wpi (yarn estimates are approximate.)
- Baby sizes: 2, 3, 3, 3, 4 balls
- Youth sizes: 4, 5, 6, 7 balls
- Adult sizes: 8, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 14, 15, 16 balls
Can't find this yarn near you, or not sure if the yarn in your stash will work? We always recommend that you knit a test swatch to check your gauge before starting out, and finding the right combination of needle size and type and yarn to match the gauge in the pattern.
- 12mm circular knitting needles, with a cable 40 cm-150 cm long (depending on the size you are making)
- 4 stitch markers
- 2 stitch holders or scrap yarn
- 12mm cable needle (optional)
- Yarn sewing needle
- Casting on (I like the Long Tail Cast On technique)
- 1x1 Rib Stitch
- Knitting flat and in the round
- Knitting cables (with or without a cable needle)
- Increasing stitches
- Decreasing stitches
- Grafting lives stitches together using Kitchener Stitch
- Casting off
Please note: This product is a downloadable knitting pattern. As soon as your payment is processed, you will see the download links to get the PDF pattern you have purchased. Don’t worry if you miss this, you will also receive the download link by email!