Polka Dot Hoodie - Downloadable Chunky Knitting Pattern
The Polka Dot Hoodie is designed to be a cosy, warm and comfy piece to throw on with jeans and a tee when the temperature drops. The contrast trim and chunky bobbles keep it looking fun and modern, while the hood and fit are practical and stylish.
The Polka Dot Hoodie is constructed seamlessly from hem to underarms, and the sleeves are knitted seamlessly in the round. A step-by-step photo tutorial is included for working the contrast bobble stitch. Not a fan of the contrast colours? Not a problem! The bobbles and rib can be worked in the same shade as the body for a subtle effect.
The Polka Dot Hoodie is an oversized fit. You may wish to knit a smaller size for a closer fit.
The adult model is a UK size 10-12 and is wearing the Polka Dot Hoodie in size medium.
SIZES: Adults from XS, S, M, L, XL, 2XL, 3XL, 4XL, 5XL (30-60” Bust)
YARN: Two shades of Cygnet Yarns Seriously Chunky (100g; 48m (52 yds), or an equivalent Super Bulky yarn with 5-6 wpi (yarn estimates are approximate.)
Contrast Colour: 4 (4, 4, 5, 5, 6, 6, 7, 7) balls
- 15mm circular knitting needles, with a cable at least 100 cm long
- Stitch holder or scrap yarn
- 2 stitch markers
- Sewing needle
- Casting on (I like the Long Tail Cast On technique)
- 1x1 Rib Stitch
- Seed Stitch
- Increasing stitches
- Decreasing stitches
- Contrast colour bobbles (a photo tutorial is included in the pattern for this stitch)
- Knitting flat and in the round
- Seaming pieces together using an invisible seaming technique
- Pick up and knit stitches
- Casting off
As soon as your payment is processed, you will see the download links to get the PDF pattern you have purchased. Don’t worry if you miss this, you will also receive the download link by email!