- What data do we collect?
- How do we collect your data?
- How will we use your data?
- How do we store your data?
- What are your data protection rights?
- What are cookies?
- What types of cookies do we use?
- How to manage your cookies
- Privacy policies of other websites
- How to contact us
- How to contact the appropriate authorities
What data do we collect?
When you visit www.knitsafari.com, KNIT SAFARI collects the following data:
- When you purchase something from our store, as part of the buying and selling process, we collect the personal information you give us such as your name, address and email address.
- When you browse our store, we also automatically receive your computer’s internet protocol (IP) address in order to provide us with information that helps us learn about your browser and operating system.
- Email marketing: With your permission, we may send you emails about our store, new products and other updates.
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide KNIT SAFARI with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Register online or place an order for any of our products or services. When you provide us with personal information to complete a transaction, verify your credit card, place an order, arrange for a delivery or return a purchase, we imply that you consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only.
- Voluntarily complete a newsletter subscription.
- Voluntarily complete the “Contact Us” form or contact us via email.
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
KNIT SAFARI may also receive your data indirectly from the following sources:
- Google Analytics collects standard information and details of visitor behaviour and patterns. KNIT SAFARI does not access any of your personal data using Google, and does not allow any third party to find out the identity of those using www.knitsafari.com
How will we use your data?
KNIT SAFARI collects your data so that we can:
- Process your order and manage your account.
- Email you with special offers on other products and services we think you might like, based on evaluating information on your recent visits to our website, products and services you have clicked and articles or blogposts you have read.
- Evaluate how you navigate through different sections of our website to analyse how people use our website, so that we can make it more intuitive and user-friendly.
- Analyse your browsing and purchase history on our website, to allow us to develop products and services in the future that we believe you might be interested in, and to discontinue products and services that are not of interest.
We will not share your data with any other companies so that they may offer you their products and services.
When KNIT SAFARI processes your order, it may send your data to, and also use the resulting information from, credit reference agencies to prevent fraudulent purchases.
We may disclose your personal information if we are required by law to do so or if you violate our Terms of Service.
How do we store your data?
Our store is hosted on Shopify Inc. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you.
Your data is stored through Shopify’s data storage, databases and the general Shopify application. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall. To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
If you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, then Shopify stores your credit card data. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted.
All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
If you provide us with your credit card information, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL) and stored with a AES-256 encryption. Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we follow all PCI-DSS requirements and implement additional generally accepted industry standards.
For more insight, you may also want to read Shopify’s Terms of Service (https://www.shopify.com/legal/terms) or Privacy Statement (https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy).
KNIT SAFARI will keep your personal identification and marketing preference data for a maximum of 3 years. Once this time period has expired, we will contact you by email to notify you that your data will be removed from the order history and marketing preference database.
KNIT SAFARI would like to send you information about products and services of ours that we think you might like.
If you have agreed to receive marketing, you may always opt out at a later date.
You have the right at any time to stop KNIT SAFARI from contacting you for marketing purposes.
What are your data protection rights?
KNIT SAFARI would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request KNIT SAFARI for copies of your personal data.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that KNIT SAFARI correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request KNIT SAFARI to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that KNIT SAFARI erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that KNIT SAFARI restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to KNIT SAFARI’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that KNIT SAFARI transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Data Access”
Or write to us: 81a Greyhound Lane, London, SW16 5NW
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology
For further information, visit:
Network Advertising Initiative: http://www.networkadvertising.org/
- Keeping you signed in
- Understanding how you use our website
- Targeting for advertising purposes
What types of cookies do we use?
Here is a list of cookies that we use. We’ve listed them here so you that you can choose if you want to opt-out of cookies or not.
_session_id, unique token, sessional, Allows Shopify to store information about your session (referrer, landing page, etc).
_shopify_visit, no data held, Persistent for 30 minutes from the last visit, Used by our website provider’s internal stats tracker to record the number of visits
_shopify_uniq, no data held, expires midnight (relative to the visitor) of the next day, Counts the number of visits to a store by a single customer.
cart, unique token, persistent for 2 weeks, Stores information about the contents of your cart.
_secure_session_id, unique token, sessional
storefront_digest, unique token, indefinite If the shop has a password, this is used to determine if the current visitor has access.
PREF, persistent for a very short period, Set by Google and tracks who visits the store and from where.
These are used for:
- Functionality – KNIT SAFARI uses these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- Advertising – KNIT SAFARI uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. KNIT SAFARI sometimes shares some limited aspects of this data with third parties for advertising purposes. We may also share online data collected through cookies with our advertising partners. This means that when you visit another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our website.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Privacy policies of other websites
Age of Consent
By using this site, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state or province of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your state or province of residence and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this site.
How to contact us
Email us at: email@example.com
Or write to us at: 81a Greyhound Lane, London, SW16 5NW
How to contact the appropriate authority
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that KNIT SAFARI has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Information Commissioner's Office
Telephone: 0303 123 1113
Fax: 01625 524510