Cute Christmas Jumper - Downloadable Knitting Pattern
The KNIT SAFARI Cute Christmas Jumper is an easy to wear, and easy to make festive sweater! Designed for beginner to advanced knitters, with sizing for the whole family, we think this is the perfect holiday sweater.
Knitted in flat panels and seamed, with the cute reindeer worked at the end in duplicate stitch and outlined in chain stitch, this sweater only requires some simple techniques for a WOW finish.
The adult sizes of the Cute Christmas Jumper has a relaxed, slouchy fit. You may wish to knit a smaller size for a closer fit. The baby and child sizes of the Cute Christmas Jumper have a relaxed fit. Check the size chart to make the size that corresponds to the wait/bust of the wearer.
The adult model is a UK size 10-12 and is wearing the Cute Christmas Jumper in size medium.
- Baby from 3M, 6M, 12M, 18M, 24M (16-20” Chest)
- Youth from 4YR, 6YR, 8YR, 10YR (23-28” Chest)
- Adults from XS, S, M, L, XL, 2XL, 3XL, 4XL, 5XL (30-60” Bust)
A DK weight yarn with approximately 10 wraps per inch, in the following shades/quantities (yarn estimates are approximate):
For Main Colour
- Red: 106 (126, 142, 167, 205, 255, 305, 313, 352, 459, 481, 521, 563, 607, 664, 711, 757, 799) grams
For Duplicate Stitch (all sizes)
- White & Green: 5 grams
- Black, Light Brown & Dark Brown: 25 grams
Can't find this yarn near you, or not sure if the yarn in your stash will work? We always recommend that you knit a test swatch to check your gauge before starting out, and finding the right combination of needle size and type and yarn to match the gauge in the pattern.
- 5.5mm (US 9) straight, or circular knitting needles with a 40-150cm long cable, depending on the size you are making (or size needed to achieve tension)
- Stitch holder or scrap yarn
- Yarn sewing needle
- 1x Press-On Snap Dome (for baby sizes only)
- Casting on (I like the Long Tail Cast On technique)
- 1x1 Rib Stitch
- Knitting flat
- Increasing stitches
- Decreasing stitches
- Pick up and knit stitches
- Casting off
- Duplicate Stitch (a photo tutorial is included in the pattern for this technique)
- Chain Stitch (a photo tutorial is included in the pattern for this technique)
Please note: This product is a downloadable knitting pattern. As soon as your payment is processed, you will see the download links to get the PDF pattern you have purchased. Don’t worry if you miss this, you will also receive the download link by email!